AppBridge Surveyor uses Connections to scan and report on critical aspects of your Microsoft SharePoint environment.
1. A SharePoint Farm Administrator account or SharePoint Connection
2. Access to the Transformation Suite and selected Transformation Project
Reports that will be generated must be selected during Scan configuration. Surveyor provides the following Reports for SharePoint:
|Permissions Count||Provides a recommendation for a regular expression to collapse files into versions based on source system discovery.|
|Permissions Report||Shows the permissions assigned to each principal.|
|SharePoint to Google Migration||A count of certain objects that can and cannot be migrated to SharePoint.|
|SharePoint Usage Report||This report provides metadata information about the SharePoint environment including the last modified date so you can see which sites have been stagnant and which are popular.|
|Depth Report||Identifies the deepest folders in the environment. Can be used to find folders that are too deep. Can be filtered by minimum and maximum depth.|
|SharePoint Object Totals||Provides the total number of all types of object that will be migrated.|
|SharePoint Farm Report||Provides a breakdown of size and complexity of each object across the farm.|
Scanning SharePoint Connections
To open the Scan configuration card for your source environment:
- Sign into an authorized Transformation Suite administrator account.
- Click the Reports link in the pages navigation tabs.
- Select the desired SharePoint Account or SharePoint Connection and click the Scan button from the Connection Reports toolbar.
Configuration - SharePoint Scans
The following section details the options available for configuring a Scan after clicking the Scan button from the Connection Reports toolbar.
The Scan Scope is used to directly set the objects that the Scan will crawl. Click the explore icon beside the Connection drop down menu. This will open the Connection Tree View and allow you to choose the start point for the Scan. This method will only allow a single start point for the crawl.
Crawl rules are advanced settings that configure how the crawler discovers objects during a crawl. SharePoint Scans have the following Crawl Rules:
- SharePoint Discovery: Crawls all content owned by users within the Scan Scope. SharePoint discovery has the following sub-settings:
- Include Inherited Permissions
Location Crawl List
Location Crawl Lists are a Value List that restrict the scope of the Scan to the locations present in the list.
The following Location Crawl List would scan the Marketing and Sales sites
Scan Generator Options
Configure the Scan generator options to control how many Scans are generated.
Start Scan Immediately
Immediately places a Scan Action into the Action Queue for each Scan after generation is complete.
Generating and executing Scans
Once configuration has been completed, Scans can be generated by clicking the Save button in the configuration dialog. If the Start Scan Immediately option is selected, Scans will automatically start once the Save button is pressed
Note: Generating Scans may take a few moments. Check the status of the Scan generation by clicking the Action Viewer in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Once generated, Scans can be started at any time by the following steps:
- Click the Expand button in the row for the Connection you would like to Scan.
- Select the Scans you would like to start.
- Click the Start button from the Scans toolbar.
Once Scans have been executed, the Reports that were chosen during the Scan configuration phase can be downloaded.
Download Reports from All Scans
To download all Reports from a Connection, perform the following steps:
- Select the checkbox beside each Connection you would like to download Reports for.
Click the Download All Reports button on the Connection Reports toolbar.
Download Reports from Individual Scans
To download Reports from individual Scans, perform the following steps:
- Click the Expand+ button on the right-hand side of the Connection row containing the Scan that you would like to download Reports for.
Select the checkbox beside each Scan you would like to download Reports for.
- Click the Download button on the Scans toolbar.