AppBridge Surveyor uses Connections to scan and report on critical aspects of your Box.com environment.
1. Administrator credentials on the Box.com Connection
2. Access to the Transformation Suite and selected Transformation Project
Supported Box.com Data
Surveyor supports discovery on the following Box.com objects:
Surveyor identifies information about files of any extension type within the scan scope.
Surveyor identifies all folder hierarchies in the source environment:
Surveyor identifies information about file and folder permissions.
Reports that will be generated must be selected during Scan configuration. Surveyor provides the following reports for Box:
|Depth Report||Provides a detailed breakdown of the hierarchy.|
|Identifies all Box Notes in the environment. Box Notes cannot be migrated, and end users may need to be notified that manual handling is required.|
|Object Totals||Provides the total number of all types of object that will be migrated.|
|Permissions by Object||Identifies the permissions applied to each object. Can be used to find locations with too many permissions.|
|Permissions by User||Gives a total count of permissions per user.|
Scanning Box.com Connections
To open the Scan configuration card for your Box.com environment:
- Sign into an authorized Transformation Suite administrator account.
- Click the Reports link in the pages navigation tabs.
- Select the desired Box Connection and click the Scan button from the Connection Reports toolbar.
Configuration - Box Scans
The following section details the options available for configuring a Scan after clicking the Scan button from the Connection Reports toolbar.
The Scan Scope is used to directly set the objects that the Scan will crawl. Click the explore icon beside the Connection drop down menu. This will open the Connection Tree View and allow you to choose the start point for the Scan. This method will only allow a single start point for the crawl.
Crawl rules are advanced settings that configure how the crawler discovers objects during a crawl. Box Scans currently have the following Crawl Rules:
- Box Admin Discovery: Crawls all content within the Scan Scope. Standard Discovery has the following sub-settings:
- Exclude Users Outside Range: Start Email, End Email.
Location Crawl List
Location Crawl Lists are a Value List that restrict the scope of the Scan to the locations present in the list.
The following Location Crawl List would scan Marketing, Sales, and user1:
Scan Generator Options
Configure the Scan generator options to control how many Scans are generated.
- Users per scan
Start Scan Immediately
Immediately places a Scan Action into the Action Queue for each Scan after generation is complete.
Generating and executing Scans
Once the configuration has been completed, Scans can be generated by clicking the Save button in the configuration dialog. If the Start Scan Immediately option is selected, Scans will automatically start once the Save button is pressed
Note: Generating Scans may take a few moments. Check the status of the Scan generation by clicking the Action Viewer in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Once generated, Scans can be started at any time by the following steps:
- Click the Expand button in the row for the Connection you would like to Scan.
- Select the Scans you would like to start.
- Click the Start button from the Scans toolbar.
Once Scans have been executed, the Reports that were chosen during the Scan configuration phase can be downloaded.
Download Reports for All Scans
To download all Reports from a Connection, perform the following steps:
- Select the checkbox beside each Connection you would like to download Reports for.
Click the Download All Reports button on the Connection Reports toolbar.
Download Reports for Individual Scans
To download individual Reports from a Scan, perform the following steps:
- Click the Expand+ button on the right-hand side of the Connection row containing the Scan that you would like to download Reports for.
Select the checkbox beside each Scan you would like to download Reports for.
- Click the Download button on the Scans toolbar